Sunday, October 31, 2010

Misadventures in Dogsitting

This is a gift the dogs brought into the house.  At first I thought "they brought in a weird ball".  Then I looked closer and noticed the ball had prickles on it and thought "why would someone put prickles on a dog toy?".  At this moment I realized that it was a hedgehog.  As I walked closer to it, I noticed it heaving, yes it was breathing.  The dogs brought me the gift of a live hedgehog.  This picture was taken after I put the dogs in a bathroom and the hedgehog thought to itself that it was safe to walk around and make its home inside the house.
This is when I finally got it swept into a dust pan.  I was trying to portray how big this thing was.  It was not one of those small hedgehogs you see in the pet store.  I struggled to get the hedgehog onto the dustpan because it gripped the rug with its feet.

So I put the hedgehog outside.  It just sat there.  I went out about a half hour to see if it has died but it was dark and I could not see so I used the flash of my camera.  This is the picture I got.  The hedgehog giving the mad stink eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment