Saturday, July 3, 2010

World Cup - German Style

At the Wiesbaden soccer stadium watching Germany lose to Spain. :(
My mom, Cami, Frank, Brian, my dad, Tom and me. Decked in our German decor except for Frank who choose to only wear the flag tattoos on his face.

Getting painted up to blend in with the natives.
Brian and my mom. Oh and he is using beer to put the temporary tattoo on her face. :)

Celebration on the main street in downtown Wiesbaden after Germany beat England.
These are some random Germans. With their flag.

The Deutschlander cocktail... .Yep not a cocktail a shot. The ad was misleading but the shot was pretty tasty. On this day, it was over 95 degrees as you can see by my red, sweaty face.
I love soccer and so do must Germans. Especially when they are winning. It was awesome to be here when the World Cup was being played. Although there was an eerie silence in the streets when the German team would lose. However, when they won there were celebration on the streets into the wee small hours of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment