Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Topper Awards: The Oscars of Community Theatre

The Amandi celebrating the success of "A Little Murder Never Hurt Anybody" (pronounced A-Man-DYE)
Heidelberg Pavallion

Amanda, Christina, Lily and me at the award show

Me and the award.


This is the award ceremony for community theater in the Garrisons in Europe. Yes I was nominated for doing make up. No I did not win. The play Cats won, seriously how can I compete with that?

The award show is like the Oscars without any acceptance speeches. But there are musical numbers between awards. I had a great time. And the great time continued when we went to the bar on base and continued to party. This was the night that Amanda thought we could hang out. Why you may ask because I put in a song to sing for karaoke and when they called Linda and no one responded Amanda suggested that I should sing Linda's song and I agreed with this idea. Needless to say, the karaoke men knew I was not Linda and I never was able to sing my song, "More than a Feeling" by Boston. I also go to dance to the Cupid Shuffle. What up!

No comments:

Post a Comment